Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I cleaned out my pantry!!!

I spent the day cleaning out my pantry! I got it all organized and made a list of things we will need to replenish before next winter. My pantry consists of three cupboards and then I also have a broom closet where I keep my 3 and 5 gallon buckets of bulk items. I keep smaller containers of the bulk items in my pantry for convenience and refill as needed. In addition to the pantry I also have an old non-working chest freezer for all my cold storage. Right now it's filled with eBay packaging supplies, but by the end of the summer it will be full of winter squash, onions, and potatoes. We also have a large chest and upright freezers as well, so by the time winter comes there will be very little we'll be in need of.

So, here is the top cupboard of my pantry:
This cupboard is mainly filled with my baking needs. Since my family is gluten free and I'm also big into eating whole foods I have a lot of different ingredients.

Here is the middle cupboard:
This is where we keep our supplements, canned goods, Kombucha, and other miscellaneous items (notice in the back my stack of pure cacao bars for baking - yum!).

And finally the bottom cupboard:
This is where I store more of my bulk items like oil, oats, popcorn, rice, spices (to refill the jars in my spice cabinet), and other various items.

I love organizing, so today was a lot of fun for me! I just thought I'd show off my hard work.

No comments: